Remember when I decorated these tie-dye shoes? And these? A Facebook conversation with my friend Judy triggered another notion- Watermelon Shoes! I just happened to have a pair of new, white tennis in my closet, ready to embellish (doesn't everyone?) and within a couple of hours, I had the basics done. It took a few days for them to cure and dry, but this morning I added the seeds and laces, and VOILA!
The process is the same as with the earlier pairs- color the shoes with permanent markers (I used Prismacolor this time, because there are more, subtle color shades- 4 each, greens and pinks), drizzle with rubbing alcohol (I use a pipette for the drizzling), allow that to dry/cure for 24 hours, rinse, allow to dry. And then add any non-blotch embellishments you want. Easy Peasy!
I really love how they came out.
I'm also pleased with the seeds. I waited to draw them after the blending because I wanted sharp outlines. If I had drawn them before drizzling the alcohol, they would have turned into gray blotches.