Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Travel Day

I got up at 2:00am, and if that wasn't bad enough, this is what greeted me at the Aberdeen Regional Airport:


It didn't accumulate, and the roads weren't slippery, but we still had to de-ice, which put us behind schedule. And though I try very very hard not to book flights with tight connections, I ended up with one anyway, at MSP... on a day when the trams weren't running and many of the walkways weren't walking... I had to book it to my Atlanta flight.

At least it was nice in Minneapolis. My flight to Atlanta was smooth and on time, and though the connection to Asheville told us we were going to be 45 minutes late, we still got here on time.

It's lovely here in Asheville- cool and breezy. The leaves are not at peak yet, which is great. I'll be here a week, so I'm really going to get to see it this time.

As I said, I ate breakfast at 2:30am, and had a bearclaw and a mocha at 10:30am, so come 4:00pm, I was ready for real food.


I'm pretty sure this qualifies.

I'm going to go to bed early tonight, and tomorrow I'm going to Biltmore. I'm sure I'll take a bazillion pictures. Stay tuned.

No comments: